This coming week we welcome two representatives from The Council of International Schools (CIS)who will be visiting us from Monday 11th to Thursday 14th November. Mr. Chris Durbin and Ms. Chris Gibbons are educators who will be spending time in both the Njiro and the Kisongo campus, talking with students, staff and parents.
The purpose of the visit is to continue our international accredited status through demonstrating that the school:
- is devoted to its mission and vision for students
- has thought deeply about the services it offers to students, family and community.
- invests the time and resources for validation from a globally-recognized accreditation authority
- focuses on the quality of teaching, student learning, as well as student safeguarding and well-being
- is committed to the development of the students’ global citizenship
- has a philosophy of education suitable for its students
- promises only what it can deliver
- is open to regular evaluation by its own school community and peer evaluators
- constantly seeks improvement in all areas of the school plans strategically for the future.
The visit culminates in a feedback and training session with staff on Thursday afternoon. As such, school on both campuses will close for students at 12.45pm. An early lunch for all students will be provided.
We are excited about this opportunity to showcase the school and thank you in advance for your support in helping the week run smoothly.
For more information regarding CIS and what it means for your family, please visit https://www.cois.org.