All children have the right to learn in a safe and supportive environment, with a clear and acceptable view of what is right and wrong; appreciating the needs of others and the society around them. They have the right to achieve their full potential, free from discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, religion, culture or disability.
We have high expectations for behaviour and performance and aim to provide a stimulating and challenging environment that celebrates the diversity of our community, promotes respect for the individual and fosters caring attitudes.
At Braeburn International School Arusha we aim to create an environment in which positive behaviour is encouraged and misbehaviour is challenged through restorative practices, a whole-school learning and teaching approach that encourages behaviour that is supportive and respectful. This is done by addressing conflicts and harmful behaviour in a way that promotes healing, personal growth, and community cohesion.
● Students need to gain insight into the consequences of their actions and the need to take an active role in repairing the harm they have incurred.
● Both parties gain insight into each other's experience and find ways to ensure that the damage is repaired.
● Together they develop and enhance their intrinsic social responsibility.
Students will be expected to:
● Conduct themselves in a safe, sensible manner
● Follow reasonable instructions given by the teacher(s)
● Behave in a reasonable and polite manner to everyone
● Show respect for the opinions and beliefs of others
● Follow the school rules.
Staff will be expected to:
● Promote and reinforce clear expectations of positive behaviour
● Deal with incidents of inappropriate behaviour by following the school’s procedures
Parents and guardians are expected to:
● Work in partnership with staff to ensure good behaviour
● Inform staff of any concerns
● Respond to concerns raised by members of staff
● Ensure students come to school correctly equipped and prepared to work
Please refer to your child's planner for more details on our behaviour policies. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your child's form tutor or a member of the senior leadership team.